XML to JSON Converter
This online tool allows you to convert an XML file into a JSON file. This process is not 100% accurate in that XML uses different item types that do not have an equivalent JSON representation.
The following rules will be applied during the conversion process:
- Attributes will be treated as regular JSON properties
- Attributes MAY be prefixed with a string to differentiate them from regular XML elements
- Sequences of two or more similar elements will be converted to a JSON array
- Namespaces are completely omitted from the resulting property names
- You can add an attribute with name _type to element to infer the json type (boolean, float, integer, number, string)
- Terminal #text item types will be converted into a JSON property with the name #text. This can be changed in the options.
*The maximum size limit for file upload is 2 megabytes. All files bigger than 1 megabyte will be formatted to a new window for performance reason and to prevent your browser from being unresponsive.